Data Recognition Corporation
DRC is one of the largest educational assessment and curriculum/instruction companies in the industry.
Scanner Operator - 2nd Shift
This position is responsible for the duties performed in cutting, image scanning of documents, and the corresponding file maintenance of scanners, as well as assisting in the overall operation of the department. Follow Operating Procedures and area work instructions as it is defined in the project Scope of Work Agreement (SOWA) to ensure that project requirements and deadlines are met.
* Cut documents using hydraulic cutters
* Image scan documents using scanners
* Perform daily routine cleaning and maintenance on scanners
* Maintain 100% accuracy of all tasks performed to meet quality expectations
* Report to work promptly as scheduled
* Efficiently communicate potential issues and/or concerns that impact processing to management
* Serve as a resource for temporary employees during peak periods
* Provide assistance and/or support to other Document Processing areas when needed.
* Perform other duties assigned
* Perform the report line assembly/packaging process when assigned.
* Work positively in a team environment.
* Have a sense of urgency to meet project deadlines
* High school diploma or equivalent
* One year experience with scanning equipment or paper-handling operations/machinery
* PC experience required. Working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Outlook and Excel
* Strong and efficient communication skills
Essential Job Requirements:
* Report to work promptly when scheduled
* Be able to work under supervision and accept feedback
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
* Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups
* Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased work load
* Set and meet deadlines
* Manage multiple job functions simultaneously
* Other duties as needed
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical Requirements: This job requires frequent climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, lifting and grasping, the ability to hear clearly at conversation levels, the ability to lift objects of 50 pounds or more routinely and have clear close, peripheral and distance vision. The essential duties must be performed satisfactorily in order for an individual to successfully fulfill the requirements of this position. This position will be occasionally exposed to some hazardous material
and conditions. In addition there will also be exposure to extreme temperatures and intense noise.
Data Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V and prospective employees will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, protected veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
* Job Family Operations
* Pay Type Hourly
* Brooklyn Park, MN, USA