Duties & Functions:
- Keep record of all orders and deliveries.
- Inspect all deliveries to ensure quality standards are met
- Organize and maintain F&B storage areas
- Sign for orders received from vendors.
- Log all deliveries information as required
- Assist with monthly inventory of F&B and Culinary departments.
- Pack, unpack and store all produce, meat and dry goods, cleaning supplies and other products.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Knowledge of Loss Prevention Best Practices
- Cycle counts, investigating discrepancies & the ability to determine the root cause of errors in inventory counts
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle restaurant preferred but not required
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and service driven demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Detail oriented, able to document and communicate with specificity as it relates to challenges that arise from the daily responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Must be able to work from inside the freezer and cooler, which are kept in very low temperature.
- Requires manual ability to use, carry, and operate all necessary equipment (scale, dolly, basic computer skills such as MS Excel, Word & e-mail)
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurant which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.