Atkins is one of the world s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atlanta, GA Human Resources Team as a Human Resources Intern.
As a Human Resources Intern, the majority of your internship will be spent supporting the local HR Business Partner. You will work closely with the HRBP and gain exposure to various areas of HR such as policies and procedures, onboarding and administrative tasks.
- Assist with the onboarding process and data entry of new hires
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs
- Assists with employee relations
- Maintains all current and archived personnel records, which may include organization and reorganization, as needed
- Provides guidance to hiring managers on recruitment initiatives
- Answers/Responds to incoming calls/e-mails for the Human Resources Department
- Assist with other projects and other administrative duties as assigned
- Other administrative duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Currently working towards a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field of study at a local college or university
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, well-organized; able to work independently, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet (Internet Explorer and Google Chrome).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess a high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information
- Outstanding organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and when given a deadline, you know how to motivate yourself to meet it.
- Must be able to work individually as well as within a team. We expect all staff to have a strong desire to provide excellent customer service; to have high ethical and professional standards of conduct and to have a desire to continuously improve their own professional performance.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- 16-20 hours per week (Contingent on School Schedule)
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.