Melvin L. Davis Oil Co.
Reports To: Manager/ or Asst. Mgr.
Summary: Receives cash from customers or employees in payment for goods or services by performing the following duties. Maintains the cleanliness of the store inside to include public bathrooms. Maintains the cleanliness of the outside area of the store.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates cash register by passing price coded items across electronic scanner to record price, compile printed list, and display cost of customer purchase, tax, and rebates on monitor screen.
- Makes change, cashes checks and issues receipts or tickets to customers.
- Records amounts received and prepare reports of transactions.
- Reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and verifies against cash on hand.
- Quotes price and describes features of items for which money is received.
- Stocking and fronting of shelves, walk-in cooler, beverage/food areas.
- Cleaning of bathrooms.
- Maintenance of outside pump areas to include emptying of trash cans.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl