Residence Inn Marriott
Is cleaning your passion, do you have a great eye for detail? As a housekeeper at Tharaldson Hospitality you will start your day with a group huddle to get energized to clean an average of 12 rooms and work as a team to ensure the hotel is in its best shape for our guest. We provide a friendly, professional place to work and have fun, with opportunities for advancement and career growth. A strong company culture inspires staff to achieve the highest service standards in hospitality. Tharaldson offers many benefits including health, vision, dental, 401(k) and profit sharing!
Cleans rooms and public areas in hotel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Sorts, courts, folds, marks or carries linens
- Cleans rooms in accordance to specific brand and company minutes per room standard
- Cleans guest rooms, including guest bathrooms and kitchen area if applicable, according to company and franchise standards including but not limited to: making beds; emptying wastebaskets; emptying and cleaning ashtrays; moving furniture; handing drapes; sweeping, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors; and dusting furniture
- Replenishes supplies such as drinking glasses, writing, bathroom supplies, and linen
- Deep cleans areas as directed by supervisor including but not limited to: cleaning rugs, upholstered furniture and draperies; washing walls, ceilings, and woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area
- Replaces light bulbs
- All other duties as assigned
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Customer Service Responds promptly to customer need; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Team Work Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Diversity Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment free environment
- Organizational Support Follows policies and procedures including but not limited to, dress code policies
- Adaptability Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality Is Consistently at work and on time
- Dependability Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with alternative plan
- Initiative Asks for and offers help when needed
- Planning/Organizing Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Quality Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner
- Safety & Security Observes safety and security procedure; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
Less than a high school diploma; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence/memos; ability to write simple correspondence
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10 s and 100 s
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb or balance stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.