21c Museum Hotels
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper / Housekeeping Manager
General Purpose: Cleans and prepares guest rooms and public areas by meeting an established standard of cleaning to assure guest satisfaction and the overall appearance of the property.
- Retrieves items from shelves and storerooms, set up cleaning cart with supplies for daily use, constantly organizing carts, and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas, and hallways, in order to maintain a clean and presentable facility at all times.
- Must use ladders or stools occasionally to clean hard to reach areas.
- Wash shower walls and tub, cleans toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable, wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sink(s) and walls.
- Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities. Restock literature that has been removed or soiled by previous guest to ensure hotel standards for arriving guests.
- Wash all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
- Dust and polish all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings including using a duster to reach vents and ceiling corners.
- Strip bed of all linen and remake with fresh linen. Checking bedspread, blankets and bed pads for cleanliness and replace if soiled. Lift mattresses to check for soil between mattresses and under bed.
- Check closet for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle, overhead shelves, and restocking the guest room supplies such as hangers, extra blankets, and pillows.
- Vacuum rooms, public areas and hallways, operating vacuums weighing up to 25lbs., and lifting/moving heavy furniture in order to vacuum entire area of carpet including underneath furniture and hard reaching areas.
- Inspects all door and window locks to ensure they are in working order and alert management to an unsecured or unsafe situation for the safety of guests and employees.
- Inspects all room equipment (TV, lights/lamps, faucets, docking stations and I pods ) to ensure proper working order and report any rooms with deficiencies in writing to the Executive Housekeeper for prompt repair/resolution.
- Secures and maintains custody of equipment, keys and supplies at all times in order to protect and preserve hotel property.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Cleans patio /balcony areas by sweeping or hosing the floor and wiping down all furniture and fixtures, picking up garbage and cleaning patio/balcony doors and windows.
- Provides assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and hotel.
- Able to work flexible hours (nights, weekends).
- Responsible, dependable, punctual.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Clean and professional appearance.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must be able to maneuver fully loaded maid cart, weighing up to 50lbs., through hallways and into/out of closets during entire work day.
- Must be able to bend down and get on and off floor numerous times per day.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Experience a plus, but not required.