Atlantic Broadband is currently the United States' 9th largest cable provider and was recently purchased by Cogeco Cable in 2012. Atlantic Broadband is an independent cable systems company providing services to more than 250,000 customers in the mid-Atlantic and Southeast US. The Company acquired cable television systems owned by Charter Communications in Western Pennsylvania, Maryland/Delaware and Florida. In 2006, we expanded our operations into South Carolina.
Our success is dependent upon the shared values and commitment of all our employees. However, listing core values on paper is one thing. Living up to them is another. We are committed to incorporating these values into every action we take at Atlantic Broadband:
- Respect every employee and customer.
- Keep our promises.
- Partner with local communities.
- Foster a culture in which you can succeed and enjoy your job.
We are excited about the extended growth of Atlantic Broadband Miami; we are looking for extraordinary people to deliver high quality entertainment, information and communications services to our customers.
Maintenance Technicians are the on-the-ground ambassadors for our customers. Technicians are responsible for diagnosing and solving customers issues, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of the cable television system.
Monitor and repair signal leakage.
Maintain tools and converter inventory.
Maintain records including daily logs, gas sheets, etc. as required.
Accurately complete work orders in a timely manner, maintain, secure and stock assigned vehicle and equipment.
Troubleshoot and repair or replace any defective components from the tap to the connection of the customers equipment.
Replace defective or damaged tap plates. Makes necessary repairs and/or adjustments to comply with company and FCC standards.
Smaller Cable systems may include the following duties:
Perform underground and aerial construction duties associated with CATV operations including installation of rigid and semi coaxial cable, and pole line construction within overhead plant.Restore system service outage as service calls require.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Knowledge of National Electric Code and National Electrical Safety Code.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Communication- Clearly conveys information through a variety of media (verbal, written, e-mail, v-mail, etc.)
Customer Focus- Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction
Attention to Detail- Able to be alert in high intensity/high risk environments
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices.
- Ability to adhere to Local, Federal regulations and Company policies.
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds).
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed.
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires.
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting.
- Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position.
- Ability to perform job from high places (i.e., poles and roofs).
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers in the installation of cable to the residence and TV set converters.
- Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections.
Able to prepare for emerging customer s needs; manages multiple projects; determines project urgency.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We offer the following benefits:
Vacation Time, Personal Days, 401k w/matching, Share Purchase, Medical and Dental benefits, vision care.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.