Becton Dickinson & Company
Job Description Summary
- Under the direction of the Molding Production Manager, the MoldingSupervisor is responsible for achieving production requirements for Molding, including GMP and quality standards, Assist in budgeting cost of molding, plant safety standards and scheduling requirements.
- The MoldingSupervisor is also generally responsible for coordinating Molding objectives through delegation of responsibilities and accountability through Sr. Mold Techs and Molding personnel.
- The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the daily planning scheduling and coordinating the day-to-day operation of Molding, and other tasks as assigned.
- Provide direction to the Sr. Mold Techs and Molding personnel within the areas of safety, crewing, scheduling, method/means of molding processes, quality and waste standards, efficiencies and productivity, employee relations, and reinforcement of company policies and procedures.
- Promote positive employee relations. Consult with, and take direction from, Human Resources and Molding Production Manager, regarding special employee problems, policies, discipline and labor relations initiatives or issues, etc.
- Support BD/plant improvement initiatives such as Six Sigma, Validation, LEAN, training and work to provide the necessary resources to drive the success of these programs.
- Direct effort toward the reduction of process variation, while ensuring that molded products meet quality and GMP requirements. Monitor and react to daily productivity and waste issues.
- Work closely with the Molding Material Engineering Supervisor to establish departmental budgets, cost reduction goals, and utilization or improvement objectives. Communicates and reinforces objectives with direct subordinates.
- Monitor staffing needs and communicate crewing or shortages to Molding Material Engineering Supervisor and Human Resources Managers. Coordinate and/or initiate personnel requisitions for approval.
- Develop direct reports and provide performance feedback to direct reports. Generate preliminary annual performance appraisals for review by the Molding Lead BUC and Human Resources Managers. The MoldingSupervisor will administer performance appraisals to his/her direct reports. Provide feedback and direction regarding personal contribution or effectiveness, goals, objectives, and recommendations for personal development.
- Ensure that associates receive effective performance related feedback and training.
- Monitor and protect company assets.
- Reinforce company expectations regarding employee contribution and behavior/conduct.
- Interact with the Molding Material Engineering Supervisor, Process Engineer, Tooling Engineer
Primary Work Location
USA NE - Broken Bow