Cycling Sports Groups
The Supply Planner is responsible for supply planning and purchasing of assigned categories for key accounts.
- Responsible for purchasing and tracking delivery of assigned categories.
- Analyze daily MRP results to generate purchase orders.
- Review open PO s, maintain accurate pricing, delivery status, and perform PO cancellations when needed.
- Ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Communicate product availability to Sales & Customer Service team
- Facilitate warehouse in resolving receiving issues due to inaccurate / missing purchase order information.
- Work in tandem with Asian office expediting and updating PO delivery & logistic information.
- Procure factory addresses, contact lists, and set up vendor information.
- Create/Update Purchase Info Records on all models where applicable.
- Create and maintain Material Master & Info Record data in SAP as needed.
- Approve loading plan when container underutilization has occurred.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals to perform a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of purchasing.
- Follow internal controls and company policies as set by company and job function.
- Contribute to the success of company by leading or assisting with other projects and tasks as assigned.
- BS/BA degree with 1-3 years experience in purchasing or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven successful experience in an inventory management, planning, MRP, forecasting, or closely related role.
- Ability to work with overseas suppliers outside of business hours
- Willingness to travel overseas if required
- Experience with and knowledge of SAP ECC and SAP APO (SNP/DP)
- Must have the desire to take ownership of the supply/delivery function
- Must be committed to continuous improvement.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- An Associates or Bachelor s degree is preferred in ----Supply Chain Management, Production, or Business Administration or related field, but not a requirement.
- APICS certification
- Experience in consumer goods importing
- Knowledge of the Cycling Industry or passion for the sport
- The candidate should be self-motivated, highly flexible, and have the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Must be able to sit at a computer and type for extended periods of time.
Cycling Sports Group (CSG) is part of Dorel Sports, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc, (TSX: DII.B, DII.A), with a total of three operating divisions - CSG, Pacific Cycle Group and Caloi. The Cycling Sports Group division deals specifically with the Independent Bicycle Dealers (IBD) and specialty store channels. CSG has a comprehensive range of brands including Cannondale, GT, Schwinn, Fabric, and Charge Bikes. Cycling Sports Group products are well-recognized premium brands that have gained wide consumer acceptance for their high quality, safety and innovative designs that incorporate state-of-the-art features and up-to-date fashion. The global headquarters for Cycling Sports Group is located in Wilton, CT.