Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
This position is responsible for a variety of tasks related to the repair, preventative maintenance, and improved performance of Distribution Center equipment and hardware, which may include conveyor systems, power equipment such as forklifts and pickers, rack installations and dock doors.
Pay rate: $28-30/hr
Shift Time: 4:00pm - 12:30am (Monday - Friday)
- Communicates with Managers/Supervisors and associates concerning work to be performed and/or status of equipment.
- Performs necessary equipment adjustments, repairs, modifications or preventative maintenance as appropriate.
- Observes and/or tests adjustments, repairs or modifications to ensure safe operation.
- Notifies Managers/Supervisors when repairs or maintenance is completed.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years industrial experience as a maintenance mechanic in a distribution environment.
- Experienced in repair of Conveyor systems (Rapistan conveyor preferred).
- Must show proficiency in all General Maintenance trades.
- Experience in High and low voltage electrical installation and troubleshooting.
- A strong working knowledge of machine, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of PLC computer systems a plus.
- Shift work and overtime required when necessary.