The University of Kansas Hospital
Put your housekeeping or custodial experience to use by helping provide a clean, safe environment for patients. The University of Kansas Health System is constantly growing and expanding, which means we need more people to keep our facilities clean and spotless! Whether you call it a Housekeeper, Room Attendant, Custodial Worker or Janitor, we have full-time and part-time openings for day, evening and night shifts. Multiple opportunities available now at our Main Campus located near 39th and State Line.
- Don't have a high school diploma or GED? No problem! After working with us for at least 6 months, we will offer you the opportunity to obtain your GED on-site while being paid.
- Don't have experience? No problem! We have a progressive on-boarding training program that will allow you to learn all aspects of housekeeping. And, we will provide progressive pay increases in your first year as you learn.
Take the first step in turning your job into a career and apply with Kansas #1 healthcare employer as ranked by Forbes Best Places to Work. Submit your application on-line for immediate consideration.
- Guaranteed hours and overtime pay
- Convenient Metro bus stop near our entrance
- GED and Mentorship Program
- Career path for those interested in advancing
- Uniform provided (including shoes)
- Opportunities for flexible scheduling
- Variety of shift times available
- Competitive medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Referral Bonus for qualifying positions
- Discount Programs
Our day shift primarily cleans occupied patient rooms and performs discharge cleaning. Evening shift employees typically clean clinic and procedural areas, along with discharge cleaning of patient rooms. Employees on the night shift primarily clean public areas, empty trash and manage general floor maintenance.
- Prior housekeeping/custodial experience preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to stand, bend and walk for over 2/3 of your work shift.
- Able to do occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.