Maintain day-to-day operation of the Corporate Mail Room and provide mail services to all stores and offices throughout the company to include picking up, sorting, and delivering mail, and receiving and shipping inter-store mail.
- Open and sort mail bags from stores and offices, sort mail picked up on various mail runs and sort US mail into proper slots. Distribute / sort memos to stores.
- Make office mail runs when scheduled to include supply deliveries received from Central Supply
- Input necessary mail through postage machine ensuring that each letter or parcel is stamped with the correct amount of postage
- Move all shipments to leave the building to the courier room
- Log in mail bags from stores and offices
- Telephone courier service on missing inbound mail bags
- Receive telephone calls from stores not receiving proper service from courier service. Resolve inquiry with courier service and report back to the store originating the call
- Maintain courier service trouble log and weekly inbound tally log
- Place outbound courier bags in store number order
- Ensure pre-addressed courier cards and mailing labels are in readiness
- Maintain cleanliness of mailing equipment, making the necessary service calls
- Determine least costly method of overnight express mail based on weight of package and cost for each carrier
- Collect all money for personal postage and forward to the designated Facilities Coordinator at the end of each day
- Send out UPS packages and complete necessary paperwork and close out UPS book daily
- Record daily postage meter reading
- Coordinate refilling of postage meter
- Submit claims to the US Post Office for postage meter stamps issued in error or for the wrong amount
- Inform Mail Room Lead of low postage readings and when additional postage is required
- Operate Copy Center equipment as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Store Facilities Manager
- Customer Service
- Results Orientation
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand up to a maximum of 8 hours a day
- Considerable walking, exposure to weather conditions
- Operate mail machine, electronic mail scale, and Copy Center copies
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Must be able to stand up to a maximum of 8 hours a day
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.