The Office Accountant provides financial services to profit center. Manage all accounts payable/accounts receivable functions and weekly trade payroll administration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate month-end close and quarter close activities.
- Review and update end of month journal entries and inter-company charges.
- Perform trial balance account analysis and reconciliation.
- Process accounts payable.
- Administer general and administrative (G&A) accounts.
- Resolve accounts payable issues with vendors.
- Allocate third party vendor invoices.
- Maintain and update legal log expenses.
- Analyze and submit monthly insurance forms.
- Maintain fixed asset inventory schedule.
- Coordinate accounts receivable process including depositing checks, posting all payments, submitting payment notifications to vendors.
- Coordinate activities related to weekly payroll for profit center trade employees.
- Manage cash activites:
- Review bank reconciliations prepared by financial center.
- Prepare petty cash bank reconciliation.
- Cash requirements for releasing of checks.
- Monitor preconstruction/bid job costs and bill as appropriate.
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited and credentialed degree program, with 1-2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience
- Understand accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, general ledger, etc.)
- Proficient with financial systems applications, MS Excel, and MS Office
- Must have basic understanding of policies and procedures and able to identify problems and make recommendations for resolution
- Must be highly organized, able to prioritize competing demands, detail oriented, maintain accuracy, and self-check work
- Able to work independently, with some oversight, and in team environment
- Must follow established procedures and execute directions to completion without need of follow up by management
- Must have good work ethic and integrity, dependable, adaptable, cooperative, and motivated to take on new responsibilities
- Professional written and verbal communication abilities and general office skills
- Must display initiative, teamwork and independent thinking
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor