L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris, is currently seeking a Security Guard for our Camden, NJ location. This position is a reserve/part-time position. Reserve Guards All Shifts - "on call as needed basis" (Monday Sunday) Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance is required, along with the ability to maintain the security clearance. L3 offers tuition reimbursement and uniform allowances for Reserve Guards. Hourly rate is $15.51 with no Health or Welfare benefits. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Active Security clearance from the DoD is Required for this position
- Must be able to work all shifts: (7:00 AM - 3:00 PM) (3:00 PM 11:00 PM) (3:00 PM 7:00 PM) (11:00 PM - 7:00 AM)
- Must be able to work under general direction reserve/on-call Security Guards (Monday-Sunday) will ensure a safe and secure working environment for L-3Harris employees, tenants, guests, and facility by maintaining visibility throughout the grounds.
- Ensure parking patrons are not interfering with or prohibiting employee departure and arrival to the facility.
- Patrol building perimeter via foot or vehicle.
- Building patrols are required on a timely basis, along with monitor building entries and exits.
- May be required to perform Entry Control and administrative duties.
- Operate access control and alarm system.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Active DoD Security Clearance is REQUIRED
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Prior Security Guard experience preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact in a positive and diplomatic manner.
- Must possess basic computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, i.e., Word, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be available to work all shifts, and remain flexible and available to work other shifts as needed.
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Must properly wear company provided uniform.
- THIS IS A RESERVE/PART-TIME POSITION
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.