It is our people behind life s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Do you have an eye for detail? Do you love to see the results of your fine craftmanship? Are you eager to join a growing company with advancement opportunities?
Attwood Corporation, the premier manufacturer of marine canvas, seating and upholstery solutions for many major boat companies, is expanding. Due to this growth, we have an immediate opportunity for a 1st Shift Marine Seamstress (Sewing Operator) for the Upholstery Department of our Marine Seating Division in sunny Largo, FL. We are known in the industry for our superb quality and on time delivery.
What would my schedule look like?
Working on the first shift you can expect a schedule of 7:00 am-3:30 pm, Monday-Friday, with occasional overtime during the week, until 5:30 pm and on Saturdays you may work a reduced schedule from 7:00 am-noon, based on production demands.
Interested to know what we offer?
We boast an air-conditioned facility, a competitive entry level salary of $12.00 with advancement potential up to $17.00/hour, paid-time off, a collaborative work environment and comprehensive benefits such as:
- Low Cost Medical, Dental and Vision with low deductible- eligible first month
- HSA Contribution twice per year
- 401K contributions and match after 60 days
- Short-term disability- employer paid
- Life Insurance and AD& D- employer paid
- Two weeks Parental leave paid at 100%
- Ten weeks Maternity leave paid at 100%
- Critical Care Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Reimbursement
- Complimentary Fitbit each year
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Two-weeks paid vacation
- 10 Holidays and 1 Corporate Floating Holiday
- Boat Rental Reimbursement twice per year
- Company discount for Brunswick products
- Discount Program to save on movie tickets, new automobiles, hotel stays, concert tickets, amusement parks, electronics, etc;
Sound good? Want to know more to see if you are a fit?
We are seeking highly motivated team players with industrial upholstery sewing experience. Candidate needs to be proficient in the assembly of soft goods/upholstery and have the ability or knowledge to produce marine canvas, seating, and upholstery goods.
Don t have Marine Upholstery experience, but still interested?
You may be well aligned for the role if you have industrial sewing experience with vinyl or durable fabrics.
Excited to learn more? Let s take a look at how you will contribute to our success
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Set up station ensuring all production materials are available
- Operate single needle industrial sewing machine to sew marine products
- Visually inspect product and document results
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and assigned area
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Must be able to achieve professional topstitching
- Must be able to work with vinyl and fabric with experience in tufting, applying welts, buttons and other detailing techniques
- Should excel in operating all sewing related equipment,
- Operate industrial sewing machine to join pre-cut and upholstery pieces; align pieces to preserve grain and/or pattern
- Inspect parts during assembly and upon completion to assure compliance with established product quality criteria
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested
Work Environment (travel, shift, lifting requirements, hazardous conditions, etc.)
- No travel required.
- Must use proper PPE and follow all safety guidelines and regulations.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, reach above head and lift up to 50 pounds
Ready to propel your career forward?
Apply Online at www.Brunswick.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status.
Brunswick was honored as a 2016 Military Friendly Employer by Victory Media and GI Jobs! Veterans and Reservists strongly encouraged to apply! Follow us via Social Media!
Attwood Corporation, a Brunswick Company, is the world's leading manufacturer of marine accessories for the boating industry, including a wide range of seating, hardware, fuel systems, navigational lighting, pumps, trolling motors and other electro-mechanical components.
We are the people behind life s passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: [email protected] or 1-888-###-####.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
#Brunswick Corporation - Mercury Marine#LI-JB1