Senior Billing / Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist provides leadership and subject matter expertise in timely and accurate billing and re-billing, follow up on active accounts receivable, and/or the favorable resolution of non-payments, delayed and underpayments. Perform proactive tasks and identifies problems related to invoicing, contract administration, billing, project reporting, etc. Assist Controller and AR/Billing Associates with training and support.
- Meets accounts receivable operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements
- Meets accounts receivable financial standards by providing annual accounts receivable budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Collects accounts by contacting customers referred by clerks; investigating circumstances of non-payment; negotiating and resolving conflicts; expediting payment.
- Supports financial planning by forecasting cash.
- Prepare and generate customer invoices and account statements in accordance with contract terms, services performed, amounts due, credit terms, and dates service performed using reports received from field accounting
- Set up clients and/or jobs in SAGE as award notifications are sent out by Sales Force; updates receivables by coordinating and monitoring daily sales order processing and bank remittance transactions; project initiation, maintenance, and closeout in Sage.
- Monitor and update contract values and A/R Aging; generate reports including account reconciliations, unbilled/unearned and analyses.
- Provide weekly/monthly ad-hoc reports for internal and external customers as requested
- Respond to account inquiries and general AR questions from internal and external customers; investigate and resolve any irregularities or inquiries
- Maintain accounts receivables files, records and systems; responsible for maintenance of all financial records for assigned projects.
- Train new and existing staff members and develop processes and procedures; assist Controller in streamlining and improving the accounts receivable and identifying areas of performance improvement
- Liaison with field and operations management, including financial reports and account analyses.
- Serve as contact for selected clients on collection of accounts receivable.
- Work as a team with other Billing/AR staff and assist where needed to meet department deadlines; backup AR Associates/Specialists when needed.
- Provide support to Billing/AR Associates and Specialists on special projects, audits, system testing, and troubleshooting issues.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor s degree from an accredited college/university with major coursework in accounting, business or related field preferred but not required.
- 3 7 years of Billing, Accounts Receivable and/or Accounts Payable experience.
- Minimum of two years experience leading or supervising team members, developing and managing processes, identifying ares of improvement, forecasting and developing budgets.
- Proficiency in general accounting, general math, Microsoft Office and ERP s (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.); knowledge and experience in construction or industrial industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical, customer service and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work periodically under pressure and meet tight deadlines as required.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity; analyze data; ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP), rules, regulations and systems of internal control; interpret and evaluate results,
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Protect organization s integrity by maintaining company and customer information confidential