Universal Health Services
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) knows what it takes to lead, inspire and succeed. One of the Nation s largest and most respected Hospital companies, UHS achieved its success by always adhering to an effective operating philosophy: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, then invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive and become a dominant healthcare provider in its community.
Hampton Behavioral Health Center is a private behavioral healthcare center and offers the most advanced behavioral health, diagnostic treatment services for adults, adolescents and older adults in both inpatient and outpatient programs. A commitment to excellence in diagnosis, treatment and education these concepts are at the core of Hampton Behavioral Health Center s mission.
We are looking for a Part time evening shift Mental Health Associate to primarily work on our Adult unit but be willing to float to other units as needed. In this position you will provide direct patient care under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and Clinical/Nursing Administration. We are looking for energetic individuals with a passion for healthcare and healing to be an interactive and essential part of care for our patients.
- The ideal candidate will understand the basics of psychology and human behaviors and have an interest in providing direct patient care in order to encourage a therapeutic milieu.
- You will provide assistance and supervision of patients activities of daily living (washing, dressing, and eating) by encouraging appropriate behavior; intervening when needed and preventing inappropriate behavior on the units.
- This position will require you to be in charge of assembling and escorting patients for their prompt arrival to meals, programs, court, clinics and other designated activities.
- In order to be successful in this position you must have good documentation, organization and time management skills.
- You will be the patient advocate and intervene and prevent out of control behavior on the unit and keep Charge Nurse informed of any erratic or unusual behavior
- You will be required to do a consistent and thorough belongings and body check to search for contraband for each new patient admission on the unit
- You will be required to maintain unit safety and security and when assigned check each patient every 15 minutes in accordance with policy.
- You will be expected to routinely inspect patient rooms for safety and remove any unsafe items and alert the Charge Nurse
- You will be required to de-escalate patients and to participate in code conditions when necessary
- Required to take all vital signs of patients on a daily basis and alert the Charge Nurse of any abnormal vital signs.
- You will be required to conduct educational groups; stress management, anxiety etc under the supervision of an RN and participate in community meetings on the unit.
Some of the expectations of our Mental Health Associates are that you work every other weekend as well as working a minimum of one (1) of the Winter holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years) and one (1) Summer holiday (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day)
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Career development within Hampton and UHS
- On site opportunities for Continuing Education and CEU s
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescriptions Plans
- 401(k) with company match and stock purchase plans
B.A./B.S. in health related field with one year of psychiatric experience, preferably in an inpatient setting; or two years of experience in a psychiatric setting with evidence of participation in continuing education related to mental health preferred. Psychiatric inpatient experience for Adults, Adolescents and Dual populations preferred. Must maintain CPR and First Aid, Verbal De-escalation and Handle with Care Certifications which will be provided by the Hospital.